Monday, August 3, 2015

Reef Photo Comes Through Again -- These Guys are Good!


The emails below are self-explanatory.  I was stumped.  Hours of research.  Nothing.  Reef Photo came through yet again!

Me:
Dear (guys at Reef Photo): 

OK, just spent 2-3 hours trying to figure out if this is possible, and I give up.  I don't know if it's me, but this camera is difficult to learn -- and confusing if one does not use it all the time.  

I am trying to use a SmallHD DP-4 monitor with the GH4.  I can see the same image on the DP-4 as on the camera screen.  But I am unable to figure out how to get the on-screen displays onto the DP-4.  Can you help?  

I tried this briefly underwater.  It was great to see the image on the DP-4, but I was unable to see information like aperture, time, shutter speed -- and most importantly -- if I was recording or not.  

Thanks as always.  
Norb Wu


Reply from Reef Photo:
I'm very familiar with the GH4 and DP4 monitor so I thought I'd step in to help you out with this.

In order to get your DP4 monitor to display the camera setting just follow these steps:
Turn the top camera dial to the M movie mode( looks like a video camera on the dial)
Select the "Menu" button
Scroll and select the "Motion Picture" on the available side menus(it's at the top)
In the Motion Picture Menu scroll and select "HDMI Rec Output"
In the HDMI Rec output menu select"Info Display"
In the the Info Display menu select "On"
Than power up your DP4 monitor and you should see all of your camera setting displayed on the monitor.  Hope all of that help and if you have any trouble or any other questions just let us know.

All the best:

Lee Burghard
Reef Photo & Video
2303 N Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
877-453-8927

No comments: