Wednesday, September 1, 2021

WTF is up with clerks and flight attendants, anyone in any small position of authority, deciding to make up rules all by themselves?

 I have not complained on this blog for a while, so here goes: 

 WTF is up with clerks and flight attendants, anyone in any small position of authority, deciding to make up rules all by themselves?  It seems to be happening more and more.  

 Here are some examples that happened in the past: 

Home Depot has policy that allows dogs in their stores.  This was six years ago, before the dog-loving craze of today.  I walked in a Home Depot with my dog Max.  I've been in numerous different Home Depot  stores in the past with my dog, and I do it because the dog really enjoys exploring new spots (and my current Lab, Moose, loves eating the bits of cardboard on the floor, which is a pain since he can get plugged up).  This time, however, a male Home Depot staffperson stops me and says that dogs aren't allowed.  I don't argue and leave, and put the dog in the car (which I don't like to do, since it can get hot in the car after just a few minutes; the alternative of leaving the windows fully rolled down is unsafe for the dog AND the car).  Later, I do some research and the rule is that all dogs are allowed in all Home Depot stores!  This guy just didn't like dogs and made up a rule all on his own! 

 I saw on the news and later on Youtube, a Delta Airlines flight attendant (pre-Covid) full of authority, tells a family that their kid will be put in a foster home if they don't give up their paid seat!  

Flight attendants told the Schear family that if they didn’t give up the seat, they would be removed from the flight. “Then it’s going to be a federal offense,” a crew member warned Brian. “I mean, you and your wife will be in jail and your kids will be put in foster care,” the flight attendant continued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOeI26r3w6w

The flight attendant just made this crap up!  

 Yesterday, I go into Ace Hardware and take advantage of their sale -- buy two air filters, get one of lesser or equal value free.  I bought two of one size and one of another, and both are the same price.  The clerk rang it up and I did not realize that the machine actually did the calculation just fine.  I asked him why I did not get the third free.  

He made up a new rule, just like that!, "All air filters have to be the same size, sorry man."  I did not argue, I just told him to ring up the two that were the same size and I would go and get a third of the same size since it was free.  No, he had to ring it all up again.  I went to the back and got a third filter that was the same price and the size I wanted.  The ad is attached is pretty clear.  Why did Ace Hardware clerk have to make this crap up?  Because he is lazy!  

 


No comments: