Sunday, March 8, 2020

I Am So Sick of Marketing Ploys That Address Me By My First Name

I am so tired of companies mailing and emailing me marketing material that they've "customized" so that my first name is used.  Here's an example:



I mean, PLEASE.  Every company now starts an email or letter with "Dear Norbert" as if I am fooled that this not a form letter.  Thus starts the deception and lies.

United never treats any of its customers well on the ground, in the lounges, or on the planes. I've severely cut back traveling by air because I feel like a prisoner flying now. I certainly don't feel like United considers me "part of our United family." If they consider me part of the family, then United's family is like the Turpin family, "in which David and Louise Turpin imprisoned their thirteen children for years or decades."

United doesn't have a great record of treating its customers well. 
 From Inc.com: Remember That Guy Who Was Knocked Out and Then Dragged Off His United Airlines Flight? (Now an Officer Is Suing the Airline): Who can forget the images of that 69-year-old Kentucky doctor -- David Dao -- who was knocked out, then dragged off a United Airlines plane when he refused to give up his seat on the overbooked flight from Chicago O'Hare to Louisville, Kentucky? In one remarkable act of poor customer service, United Airlines proved that it could indeed happen to anyone.

No comments: