Friday, September 23, 2016

Great fan solves travel problems if too hot on a plane, under mosquito netting, elsewhere

I travel all over the world as a photographer.  I've always run hot-blooded, meaning I am often too hot when other (normal) folks are not. 


It's a problem when I am on a plane or hotel room and it is too hot.  For the past 25 years, I've carried around a portable fan for such situations.  The old fan was a pain, however, to power.  It was a bit too big to hand-carry, so I had to store it in my checked baggage.  I spent hours soldering wires so that it would run off my Ikelite batteries (I love Ikelite!) and more recently, off AC adapters that ran on both 110V and 220V sources.  It was portable, but somewhat heavy, finicky, and large -- and clunky!


This Efluky USB fan is the answer to my dreams!  It is lightweight, compact (a bit bigger than the spread of my hand), and it has an internal battery that lets it run for hours.  I can power it off a USB power pack, by itself, off my laptop, and the list goes on. 

I just came back home from Africa and used this on a bed inside mosquito netting to help me get to sleep on hot nights.  Normally, trying to get to sleep under mosquito netting is a huge problem.  I used this on the flight home when the airplane got too hot also -- perfect!  I've always hated it when the plane suddenly goes from cool to too warm -- because the pilot up front suddenly decides that he wants to make it warm in the plane.  I just put this up to my neck and was able to fall asleep, no problem. 

 This Efluky is awesome.  Get one if you are a "hot" person!  It's on Amazon:

Efluky Mini USB 3 Speeds Rechargeable Portable Table Fan, 4.5-Inch, Black

 


No comments: