Thursday, November 19, 2015

Wha...???? Maddening Customer Service Flubs From Today


Is it me, or is customer service a lost art?  I find that I usually know more about a product than a company's own technical support folks.  The cell phone companies like AT&T and Verizon are the worst -- sales people in the stores have no idea what their own company is offering.

I like shipping through USPS.  I just print out a label and stick the box in my mailbox, and the mailman picks it up.  Their website is usually pretty good.

But today I tried to order some supplies.  I was given the choice to order a quantity, say, more than 1.  I tried 2.  BONK!  Here's the error message:


So my question is -- why give me the choice of ordering a quantity more than 1, if you aren't going to allow me to order more than 1?

The other pet peeve I have about shipping through USPS is that they force you to choose a date to ship a package.  It would be easy for them to give you a choice -- and warn you before you choose a day that is a holiday -- where you CAN'T SHIP THE DAMN PACKAGE!!!  But no, those holidays are always presented as a choice, with no warning.  If you print a label and choose a holiday, then the whole process turns into a giant pain in the butt.  You have to print another label, beg the USPS to consider a refund, etc.


*********
Here's a company to avoid : Eastwood.  The emails below should explain all:

 From: 
Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Subject: Eastwood Shipment Confirmation E20282070000


        Dear: NORBERT WU

        Thank you for your recent credit card order.  Unfortunately, we are
        unable to process your order as the credit card number was not
        recognized by our software.  This in no way reflects on your credit
        rating but means simply that there is a problem with the number
        itself.

        You may contact us with the correct credit card number at
        orderhelp@eastwood.com or call our Customer Service department at
        1-800-345-1178 between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Eastern Standard
        Time.
        Please reference your order number with any inquiry.

        If there is a reason that you would prefer not to charge your
        credit card at this time, please enclose a check or money order in
        the amount of $ xx   in US Dollars.  We will process your order
        immediately.

        We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we look
        forward to being of service to you in the near future.

        The Eastwood Promise:
        At Eastwood, we want to do the job right....every time.  If an
        Eastwood product fails to meet or exceed your expectations, give us
        a call at   800-345-1178.  We promise to make it right!


        Thank you for shopping at Eastwood!


        Customer Service
        The Eastwood Company
        800.345.1178
        orderhelp@eastwood.com



From: Norbert Wu
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:29 PM
To: Orderhelp
Subject: Re: Eastwood Shipment Confirmation E20282070000


I am very surprised, as my credit card has been working just fine the past few days.  

Please try it again: 
Mastercard: 
xxx dddd

If that doesn't work for some reason, please call me at my cell ddd-ddd-dddd or try my Amex: 
dddd. 

I am  happy to send over my PIN for one or both of the above cards also.  

Norb Wu


From: Orderhelp 
Date: Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 7:22 AM
Subject: RE: Eastwood Shipment Confirmation E20282070000
To: Norbert Wu


Hello Mr. Wu,

                We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately as stated we will need to ask you to call in this information in order to proceed.

Best regards,


KELLY HOFFNAGLE
Customer Contact Representative





No comments: