Thursday, September 20, 2012

Booking.com is a great site for booking hotels worldwide


 I’ve been traveling and shooting wildlife and scenery in Victoria, Australia.  We (my friend from grade school whom I used to hunt snakes with, Andy Day and I) flew into Melbourne, the second largest city in Australia.  Melbourne is a big city, population 4.1 million. 

I’ll be posting photos from this shoot shortly, but first, I’d like to give a big kudos to the website booking.com.  I use this site to book hotels where I am traveling, and it is a good one.  It represents a wide range of hotels and offers reviews from people who have booked accommodations on its site.  ONLY customers of a particular hotel can leave reviews, so this means that the reviews are more “real” than other sites. 

The reviews are supposedly never edited.  They do need approval by booking.com staff (or robots); and you have to wait for booking.com to send you a link by email before you can leave a review.  I’ve left a few reviews now on booking.com; and they have not been edited or filtered out, something which disturbs me greatly about the website yelp.com. 

The best thing about booking.com’s site is the map.  If you are in a huge city like Melbourne, but just want to see all the hotels in your location, then you can simply point to your location on their map and see all the available hotels.  I wish that other websites had this very useful mapping feature. 

2 comments:

Coxhotel said...

Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic.

Anonymous said...

I just like the helpful information you supply for your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and test once more
right here frequently. I am rather certain I'll be told plenty of
new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

My blog post - novoline f�novoline freispiele - -