Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Best Western Ensenada Motor Inn, Glenelg, South Australia

I researched hotels and motels in the Adelaide area thoroughly. I generally travel alone and have a lot of bags due to my work. I prefer hotels and motels that are clean, have air-conditioning, and are safe; but I don’t want to pay for luxury hotels. Free wifi is a plus; I am willing to pay a reasonable rate for wifi and internet access is essential. I almost always rent a car to get around and to store and carry my large load of bags.

After arriving in Glenelg, South Australia, my first night, I stayed at a very basic hotel that was OK but a bit depressing (the Glenelg Motel). After walking around Glenelg that evening, I checked some sites and discovered that the Best Western in Glenelg had reasonable rates for a package that included a room, free wifi, and a free hot breakfast. Parking was also free and in a secure lot that was gated and locked at night (guests had in and out access using a PIN and their room key).

This was a good deal and I was not disappointed. The room and bathroom was perfectly adequate. It had a small refrigerator, and the A/C worked well (very important in the record heat that we had). The room and bathroom were clean and functional – perhaps a bit dated, but perfectly pleasant and comfortable. The bathroom would be a bit small for two people but would work. The room itself had a large queen bed and enough room for a small table and sofa as well.

The location is fantastic – almost right on the beach, with just a field and one recreation building between it and the beach/jetty. The hotel was located in a very convenient location – close to the beach and main shopping/restaurants, but just a half block away so that it remained quiet. There is a tram that will take you into downtown Adelaide.

I was very impressed by the professionalism and quick communication of the staff. I asked to check in early, at 12 noon, on my first day after making a booking for two nights. Kathy Harrison of the hotel replied promptly, stating that it would not be a problem. The staff responded quickly to my requests for ice (there is no ice machine in any hotel in Australia, but they gave me their personal ice trays); parking, a double hot breakfast (their package was for two guests but I was solo), and the list goes on.

I liked the hotel and location so much that I asked to stay there again on the last night of my stay. I could have stayed at a hotel in downtown Adelaide that was $30 cheaper and rated very highly on Tripadvisor’s list of Adelaide hotels – but I chose The Best Western Ensenada in Glenelg for the convenience of free onsite parking, the free internet, and free hot breakfast. I emailed them to ask about availability and prices, and Kathy Harrison gave me a discount on the same internet/breakfast/room package that I had before. It was great to be recognized as a repeat customer.

I enjoyed staying at the forward to staying at the Best Western Ensenada Motor Inn, Glenelg (Adelaide) a place that I know will be comfortable, safe, and hassle-free, before I take my rental car, my bags, and myself to the airport the next morning. It was only 3 or 4 kms to the airport, a very short ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are in fact fantastic ideas in on the topic of blogging.
You have touched some pleasant points here. Any way keep up
wrinting.
my web site > parkeren op schiphol