Tuesday, December 11, 2007

spammed by Photo District News and IPNStock - Shame on You!

IPNStock is a service that I used to subscribe to, whereby I leased their software to run my web-based image search engine. They morphed into a stock agency, then they were purchased by the publishers of Photo District News.

I got a spam about a photo contest from nielsencontests that told me to unsubscribe, send UNSUBSCRIBE to support@nielsencontests.com. I did so, and got the below failure notice. Seems that the people behind nielsencontests are IPNStock! Seems that the person at IPNStock is gone or has an invalid address.

I am upset that IPNStock is running a contest and disguising this fact. Along the same vein, I once purchased a subscription from Photo District News and stupidly gave them a valid email address a few years ago. They sold that email list EVERYWHERE. I am still getting blasted by photo-related spams from this one error. I've complained bitterly to PDN about this several times.




------ Forwarded Message
From:
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:10:08 -0600
To:
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

KCotlier@IPNstock.com



Reporting-MTA: dns;vnu001schmsx02.enterprisenet.org
Received-From-MTA: dns;nawinmsx013.enterprisenet.org
Arrival-Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:10:08 -0600

Final-Recipient: rfc822;KCotlier@IPNstock.com
Action: failed
Status: 5.2.2
X-Display-Name: Cotlier, Keith




From: Norbert Wu
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:09:52 -0800
To:
Conversation: UNSUBSCRIBE
Subject: UNSUBSCRIBE

UNSUBSCRIBE




------ End of Forwarded Message

No comments: